Our 2022 Retreat is Live! Space is limited to 25 people. Signup today to reserve your spot: https://hopetorecharge.com/retreat
Today’s episode of Hope to Recharge is sponsored by The Gift of Light.
As we approach 2022, Matana offer us her “Gift of Light” end of year special on this program where she offers her listeners the option of working with her 1 on 1, over 8 sessions. This offer only has a small amount of slots open and is available for a limited time. The program is custom tailored to each individual and she will share her tools and techniques on topics she has implemented, such as gratitude, forgiveness, positive mindset and self love.
Link: Gift Of Light program
Margy’s father committed suicide and her struggle with his mental health symptoms didn’t end with his death. He was a hoarder. Margy, as his only child, was thrust into the role of going through her parents’ house after he passed. She was the one who had to hire help and a dumpster and motivate her mother to go through her belongings every single day until the house was cleaned out.
Margy provides us insight into the life of a hoarder by talking about her dad. Her father was funny. He was a successful self-employed lawyer and an animal lover. Margy never suspected he might choose to die by suicide. Many hoarders present well to the world with good personal hygiene and success at work and no one would ever know if they didn’t go to their house and see (and smell!) the nightmare.
What causes a person to become a hoarder? Margy’s observations suggest that it’s similar to alcoholism. There is an underlying trauma that has not been dealt with, which causes a person to make decisions every day that may not benefit them or their family. When a person hoards their emotional responses to triggers, those feelings manifest in other ways, such as hoarding behavior.
Margy is now the CEO of a company called Interview Connections. They work to connect business owners to podcasters so they can get their name out on shows. The way she moved up so quickly in business and brought it to 7 figures is astonishing. She attributes all her success to the hardest project she’s ever worked on, cleaning out her parents’ home.
Thank you for listening to Hope to Recharge! If we are important to you, help us out and Leave us a review on iTunes here: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/hope-to-recharge/id1464788845. It makes a huge difference!
Connect with Margy
Business Site: https://interviewconnections.com/our-team/
We Get It; Your Dad Died Podcast: https://directory.libsyn.com/shows/view/id/wegetityourdaddied
- “My old life fell apart. And I created this new life that was so much more authentic that I had this much deeper understanding of myself.” @MargyFeldhuhn @MatanaJacobs #HopetoRecharge
- “What your environment looks like has such an impact on your mental health.” @MargyFeldhuhn @MatanaJacobs #HopetoRecharge
- “I believe that the majority of the world’s problems are just people with unprocessed trauma walking around.” People take that trauma out in different ways. @MargyFeldhuhn @MatanaJacobs #HopetoRecharge
- “Hoarders are just normal people… Everybody has something, everybody has some little weird thing that can get out of control… Look at your own life. There’s something that you do that you don’t love or you don’t feel fully in control of. And I think it’s no different.” @MargyFeldhuhn @MatanaJacobs #HopetoRecharge
- “A big part of hoarding is that hoarders don’t believe that they deserve better. They just don’t care because they don’t believe that they deserve to live in a clean, beautiful environment.” @MargyFeldhuhn @MatanaJacobs #HopetoRecharge
- Recovering from a loved one’s suicide
- The trauma behind the hoarding
- “Emotional hoarding” (not dealing with negative emotions)
If you need more support in your mental health journey please reach out to us in our private Facebook group. We also offer free 30-minute fitting calls for our coaching program. You do not have to walk through your mental health struggle alone. Because as always, together is better!
There is no substitute for a listening ear. Get Your Free 30 Minute Consultation Today.
Interested in joining our monthly Mastermind?
Find out more info here! http://www.hopetorecharge.com/Mastermind
Today’s episode of Hope to Recharge is sponsored by https://Betterhelp.com/hopetorecharge.
Betterhelp.com is the world’s leading provider of online therapy. Their mission is to make professional counseling accessible, affordable, and convenient, so anyone who struggles with life’s challenges can get help, anytime, anywhere. As a BetterHelp affiliate, we may receive compensation from BetterHelp if you purchase products or services through the links provided.
Head to https://Betterhelp.com/hopetorecharge for 10% off your first month of services. IMPORTANT: Be sure to click this link in order to get the 10% off code.
USA Crisis (Text): 741-741
United Kingdom: 116-123
International Suicide Hotlines:
Connect with us!
Private Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2079694042156503/
3 WAYS THAT YOU CAN HELP THE PODCAST:
1) Subscribe via iTunes and leave a review. It costs nothing. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/hope-to-recharge/id1464788845
2) Spread the word via social media. It costs nothing.
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2079694042156503/
3) Subscribe to us on: