Today’s episode of Hope to Recharge is sponsored by https://Betterhelp.com/hopetorecharge.
Betterhelp.com is the world’s leading provider of online therapy. Their mission is to make professional counseling accessible, affordable, and convenient, so anyone who struggles with life’s challenges can get help, anytime, anywhere. As a BetterHelp affiliate, we may receive compensation from BetterHelp if you purchase products or services through the links provided.
We are halfway through September, and continue to contribute to suicide awareness. Over the past two weeks, we’ve had incredible guests and today’s episode is no exception. We discussed suicide with Adam Moen in an interview where he shares his personal experience with suicidal thoughts.
Adam is a healthcare consultant during the day and a mental health advocate on nights and weekends. He has various speaking engagements in the Minneapolis, MN area, speaks to high school students and faculty, church parishioners and other groups, and also leads a peer support group through NAMI MN. He is also the founder of Avalo, a new app that allows people to share their feelings and thoughts anonymously, and ease the process of finding professional help.
In this episode, we’ll learn how the things that we tell ourselves can model our thoughts and behavior and how important this is to overcome mental illness. I hope you enjoy this episode and share it with other people. Remember that you can join our private Facebook group, Hope to Recharge, and share your comments with us. Because, as always, together is better!
- The power of thoughts and beliefs
- Overcoming suicidal thoughts
- The importance of sharing your feelings with the right people
- “Just like your sadness is to the degree that you cannot tolerate, joy can go just as high.” @MatanaJacobs #HopeToRecharge
- “The story that we tell ourselves is what leads us.” @MatanaJacobs #HopeToRecharge
- “You’re not supposed to fix it. All you have to say is, “tell me more””. @MatanaJacobs #HopeToRecharge
If you need more support in your mental health journey please reach out to us in our private Facebook group. We also offer free 30-minute fitting calls for our coaching program. You do not have to walk through your mental health struggle alone. Because as always, together is better!
There is no substitute for a listening ear. Get Your Free 30 Minute Consultation Today.
Interested in joining our monthly Mastermind?
Find out more info here! www.hopetorecharge.com/Mastermind
USA Crisis (Text): 741-741
United Kingdom: 116-123
International Suicide Hotlines:
Connect with us!
- Website: https://hopetorecharge.com/
- Private Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2079694042156503/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/matanajacobs/
3 WAYS TO HELP THE PODCAST:
1) Subscribe via iTunes and leave a review. It costs nothing. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/hope-to-recharge/id1464788845
2) Spread the word via social media. It costs nothing.
3) Subscribe to us on:
- iTunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/hope-to-recharge/id1464788845
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/00AIhRZOxKNOvenz32gGeK
- Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/heather-parady-2/hope-to-recharge
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_DkYMcco7pSrkKk6wU5p7w
- Google: https://play.google.com/music/listen?u=0#/ps/Izxlwulashxr3n6trjrxpjpgwce