This week we are digging into an extremely difficult but necessary topic. I had the special honor of connecting with Anne Moss, a mother, author, and founder of Emotionally Naked, a blog dedicated to her late son Charles Aubrey Rogers, who lost his life to suicide.
In this vulnerable interview, Anne recounts the last few years of her son’s life and shares openly with us about his mental health and drug addiction struggles that ultimately lead to his death by suicide. Anne graciously talks about the vivid facts that many of us shy away from, including the stigma that families face when in crisis to mental health, and the lack of support when dealing with drug addiction.
Anne’s book Diary of a Broken Mind comes out in October of this year, and we will have her on again to share more tips and resources to those who have a loved one who is struggling or a loved one they have lost. But first, we wanted to shares Charles story and let you know that whether you are struggling yourself or if you have a loved one who is, you are not alone. We will break the stigma, one story at a time, and as always, together is better.
If you or someone you know is struggling with suicidal thoughts please connect with someone. You are not alone.
USA Crisis Text: 741-741
United Kingdom: 116-123
International Suicide Hotlines: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_suicide_crisis_lines
- 1. Signs of Suicide: Get links directly to the posts of what to say, what to do, what do they say, signs of suicide in social media.
- 2. Protect yourself from suicide: Get the information and links to that which is recommended to prevent suicide.
- 3. What are some parent solutions? Get the 11-page ebook: 9 things you can do to help kids learn coping skills to build resilience.
You will automatically be entered to win a copy of Anne Moss’ published book, Diary of a Broken Mind.
- Website: https://annemoss.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/emotionallynaked/
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/annemosscom/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/webgal214/videos
Where the term “committed suicide” comes from.
The importance of listening.
How to find support and not feel alone during a crisis.