Today’s episode of Hope to Recharge is sponsored by https://Betterhelp.com/hopetorecharge.
Betterhelp.com is the world’s leading provider of online therapy. Their mission is to make professional counseling accessible, affordable, and convenient, so anyone who struggles with life’s challenges can get help, anytime, anywhere. As a BetterHelp affiliate, we may receive compensation from BetterHelp if you purchase products or services through the links provided.
This week we are revisiting an old episode from last year because I find this interview to be so powerful that I wanted to bring it back to all of you. I had the special honor of connecting with Anne Moss, a mother, author, and founder of Emotionally Naked, a blog dedicated to her late son Charles Aubrey Rogers, who lost his life to suicide.
In this vulnerable interview, Anne recounts the last few years of her son’s life and shares openly with us about his mental health and drug addiction struggles that ultimately lead to his death by suicide. Anne graciously talks about the vivid facts that many of us shy away from, including the stigma that families face when in crisis to mental health, and the lack of support when dealing with drug addiction.
Anne’s book Diary of a Broken Mind, comes out in October of this year, and we will have her on again to share more tips and resources to those who have a loved one who is struggling or a loved one they have lost. But first, we wanted to shares Charles’s story and let you know that whether you are struggling yourself or if you have a loved one who is, you are not alone. We will break the stigma, one story at a time, and as always, together is better.
- Signs of Suicide: Get links directly to the posts of what to say, what to do, what do they say, signs of suicide in social media
- Protect yourself from suicide: Get the information and links to that which is recommended to prevent suicide
- What are some parent solutions? Get the 11-page ebook: 9 things you can do to help kids learn coping skills to build resilience
You will automatically be entered to win a copy of Anne Moss’ published book, Diary of a Broken Mind
Connect with Anne:
- Website: https://annemoss.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/emotionallynaked/
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/annemosscom/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/webgal214/videos
- Where the term “committed suicide” comes from
- The importance of listening.
- How to find support and not feel alone during a crisis.
- “Finding Support was the most important step that I took.” @AnneMoss @MatanaJacobs #HopetoRecharge
- “The hallmark of addiction is a lot of lies and manipulation.” @AnneMoss @MatanaJacobs #HopetoRecharge
- “I wrote my way through grief.” @AnneMoss @MatanaJacobs #HopetoRecharge
- “Just Listen.” @AnneMoss @MatanaJacobs #HopetoRecharge
- “This has been a brutal journey but I’ve gotten through bit because I’ve sought support.” @AnneMoss @MatanaJacobs #HopetoRecharge
- “Our culture is sick. The biggest issue is connection and that’s something that we can do something about.” @AnneMoss @MatanaJacobs #HopetoRecharge
- “No one talks about suicide.”@AnneMoss @MatanaJacobs #HopetoRecharge
If you need more support in your mental health journey please reach out to us in our private Facebook group. We also offer free 30-minute fitting calls for our coaching program. You do not have to walk through your mental health struggle alone. Because as always, together is better!
There is no substitute for a listening ear. Get Your Free 30 Minute Consultation Today.
Interested in joining our monthly Mastermind?
Find out more info here! www.hopetorecharge.com/Mastermind
USA Crisis (Text): 741-741
United Kingdom: 116-123
International Suicide Hotlines:
Connect with us!
- Website: https://hopetorecharge.com/
- Private Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2079694042156503/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/matanajacobs/
3 WAYS TO HELP THE PODCAST:
1) Subscribe via iTunes and leave a review. It costs nothing. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/hope-to-recharge/id1464788845
2) Spread the word via social media. It costs nothing.
3) Subscribe to us on:
- iTunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/hope-to-recharge/id1464788845
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/00AIhRZOxKNOvenz32gGeK
- Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/heather-parady-2/hope-to-recharge
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_DkYMcco7pSrkKk6wU5p7w
- Google: https://play.google.com/music/listen?u=0#/ps/Izxlwulashxr3n6trjrxpjpgwce