Today’s episode of Hope to Recharge is sponsored by https://Betterhelp.com/hopetorecharge.
Betterhelp.com is the world’s leading provider of online therapy. Their mission is to make professional counseling accessible, affordable, and convenient, so anyone who struggles with life’s challenges can get help, anytime, anywhere. As a BetterHelp affiliate, we may receive compensation from BetterHelp if you purchase products or services through the links provided.
After receiving a devastating diagnosis, Avrom Jacobs only had a few short months to prepare for the passing of his wife. Today my uncle joins us to share about his experience in grief and how he and his wife were able to make difficult decisions quickly, all while saying goodbye to each other.
Uncle Avrom and I begin this conversation sharing about his close marriage to my Aunt Laura, a kind, smiling, brilliant Doctor with a passionate vision and a long list of accomplishments and degrees, and the beautiful life they shared and family they raised. My husband Ari and I have a beautiful, close history and precious memories with this couple, from the start of our dating, throughout our marriage and raising our own family, and they both made an indelible and profound impact on our lives and the lives of our children. It was an honor to get to sit down with him today and learn from his wisdom of experiencing and navigating through such a profound loss.
Since he and his wife were only given a few months to prepare for her passing, they quickly made decisions for their family, children and businesses. Uncle Avrom shares how they were able to put their emotions to the side and make practical decisions and why he urges families to prepare early so they are not left in the same position they were in.
We also discuss the inevitable questions that you ask God after losing someone and how you are able to move on in the midst of sadness. Uncle Avrom shares such practical wisdom that I know you will enjoy as much as I did.
- The practicalities of loss and not waiting on crisis to “get your papers in order”
- The importance of keeping up with activities so that “grief doesn’t crush you”
- Questions to God after losing someone you love.
If you need more support in your mental health journey please reach out to us in our private Facebook group. We also offer free 30-minute fitting calls for our coaching program. You do not have to walk through your mental health struggle alone. Because as always, together is better!
There is no substitute for a listening ear. Get Your Free 30 Minute Consultation Today.
Interested in joining our monthly Mastermind?
Find out more info here! www.hopetorecharge.com/Mastermind
USA Crisis Text: 741-741
United Kingdom: 116-123
International Suicide Hotlines: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_suicide_crisis_lines
Connect with us!
- Website: https://hopetorecharge.com/
- Private Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2079694042156503/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/matanajacobs/
WAYS TO HELP THE PODCAST
Subscribe via iTunes and leave a review. It costs nothing. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/hope-to-recharge/id1464788845
Spread the word via social media. It costs nothing.
Subscribe to us on:
- iTunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/hope-to-recharge/id1464788845
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/00AIhRZOxKNOvenz32gGeK
- Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/heather-parady-2/hope-to-recharge
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_DkYMcco7pSrkKk6wU5p7w
- Google: https://play.google.com/music/listen?u=0#/ps/Izxlwulashxr3n6trjrxpjpgwce