Today’s episode of Hope to Recharge is sponsored by https://Betterhelp.com/hopetorecharge.
Betterhelp.com is the world’s leading provider of online therapy. Their mission is to make professional counseling accessible, affordable, and convenient, so anyone who struggles with life’s challenges can get help, anytime, anywhere.
As mothers we are always putting others before ourselves and serving our families in ways that often go unseen. We are also wearing many other hats and putting ourselves continually on the back-burner and sometimes even neglecting our own mental health.
Today we have the honor of hearing from Dr. Claire Nicogossian as she shares with us how we can practice proper self-care as mommas and why it is so vitally important.
Dr. Claire Nicogossian is a clinical psychologist, author, and mother of four girls. She knows first hand the stress that comes with motherhood and she is able to couple that along with her knowledge of psychology to help moms practice self-compassion.
In this episode, we dive into the different layers of being a mom, how we can properly cope with stress, not feel guilty practicing self-care, and how to put our mental health as a priority. We also discuss how to move past feelings of “unworthiness” and why there is no measure of worth for the work that we do as moms.
Dr. Claire encourages us that it is OKAY to have feelings of overwhelm and what you are experiencing as a mom may be more common than you think. She gives us some helpful advice on how we can deal with our “shadow” emotions and why we must communicate with our loved ones what our boundaries are.
We hope this episode encourages you to practice self-care and show compassion for yourself as a mother. We are here for you and would love to connect in our private Facebook group: Hope to Recharge. Because as always, together is better!
Interested in joining our monthly Mastermind?
Find out more info here! www.hopetorecharge.com/Mastermind
- How do we be our best selves when we are wearing so many different hats?
- Why we need to get rid of the term “deserve” when talking about motherhood
- How stress affects our body and creates a vulnerability to mental health
From Surviving to Thriving Course: https://momswellbeing.com/thriving-mama-mode-course/
USA Crisis Text: 741-741
United Kingdom: 116-123
International Suicide Hotlines: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_suicide_crisis_lines
Connect with us!
- Website: https://hopetorecharge.com/
- Private Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2079694042156503/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/matanajacobs/
WAYS TO HELP THE PODCAST
Subscribe via iTunes and leave a review. It costs nothing. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/hope-to-recharge/id1464788845
Subscribe to us on:
- iTunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/hope-to-recharge/id1464788845
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/00AIhRZOxKNOvenz32gGeK
- Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/heather-parady-2/hope-to-recharge
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_DkYMcco7pSrkKk6wU5p7w
- Google: https://play.google.com/music/listen?u=0#/ps/Izxlwulashxr3n6trjrxpjpgwce
Spread the word via social media. It costs nothing.