Today’s episode of Hope to Recharge is sponsored by The Gift of Light and by https://Betterhelp.com/hopetorecharge.
As we enter 2022, Matana offer us her “Gift of Light” special on this program where she offers her listeners the option of working with her 1 on 1, over 8 sessions. This offer only has a small amount of slots open and is available for a limited time. The program is custom tailored to each individual and she will share her tools and techniques on topics she has implemented, such as gratitude, forgiveness, positive mindset and self love.
Link: Gift Of Light program: https://hopetorecharge.com/product/giftoflight/
Betterhelp.com is the world’s leading provider of online therapy. Their mission is to make professional counseling accessible, affordable, and convenient, so anyone who struggles with life’s challenges can get help, anytime, anywhere. As a BetterHelp affiliate, we may receive compensation from BetterHelp if you purchase products or services through the links provided.
Head to https://Betterhelp.com/hopetorecharge for 10% off your first month of services. IMPORTANT: Be sure to click this link in order to get the 10% off code.
Our guest today is not a therapist, doctor or any kind of health expert but a preschool teacher from New Jersey. She talks about our personal experiences with infertility, miscarriage, and living with chronic bleeding conditions. Alana struggled for years without having anyone who understood what she was going through, so she is here to offer that support she never had to others.
Living with an uncommon condition is difficult enough when it’s known what i’s going on, but so many people are sick with difficult symptoms, and nobody can tell them why. Doctors are too often dismissive because they seem healthy and are told they do not need treatment unless they’re literally dying in that moment. Alana fought with the medical system for over seven years and only received a diagnosis after she had gotten a hysterectomy to end her suffering and her organs were analyzed. Before then, there was no one to explain why her body was not behaving in the expected way – why it was not keeping her babies alive and, as an Orthodox Jewish Woman, why it was forbidding her from spending time with her husband, according to Jewish law, by bleeding so many days of the month.
In part 2 of this episode, Matana briefly shares her story as well. Many women suffer through challenges like these silently and alone. Both Matana and Alana want you to know that you’re not alone. There are other people out there with similar struggles and they both both made it through. There is real hope.
Thank you for listening to Hope to Recharge! If we are important to you, help us out and Leave us a review on iTunes here: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/hope-to-recharge/id1464788845. It makes a huge difference!
Connect with Alana
Behind Closed Doors (the article Matana read): https://thelayersprojectmagazine.com/behind-closed-doors/
- “It’s okay to be in pain. It’s normal; it’s healthy. Nobody should be in pain alone, though.” @AlanaShlagbaum @MatanaJacobs #HopetoRecharge
- “You’re fine.” -the doctors. @AlanaShlagbaum @MatanaJacobs #HopetoRecharge
- “It was very devastating to know that they don’t believe – not that they don’t believe you, but in a way they poo-poo your symptoms. Like, as long as you’re standing and you have a heartbeat and you’re walking you’re okay. But I knew I wasn’t… And that’s why I kept advocating for myself.” @AlanaShlagbaum @MatanaJacobs #HopetoRecharge
- “There’s a sense of an energetic field of togetherness that happens when somebody else holds space for the same pain, for the same struggle.” @MatanaJacobs #HopetoRecharge
- The impact of having a diagnosis and information about your health condition
- Birth Control
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), Atrophic Endometrium, Adenomyosis
If you need more support in your mental health journey please reach out to us in our private Facebook group. We also offer free 30-minute fitting calls for our coaching program. You do not have to walk through your mental health struggle alone. Because as always, together is better!
There is no substitute for a listening ear. Get Your Free 30 Minute Consultation Today.
Interested in joining our monthly Mastermind?
Find out more info here! http://www.hopetorecharge.com/Mastermind
USA Crisis (Text): 741-741
United Kingdom: 116-123
International Suicide Hotlines:
Connect with us!
Private Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2079694042156503/
3 WAYS THAT YOU CAN HELP THE PODCAST:
1) Subscribe via iTunes and leave a review. It costs nothing. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/hope-to-recharge/id1464788845
2) Spread the word via social media. It costs nothing.
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2079694042156503/
3) Subscribe to us on: