Today’s episode of Hope to Recharge is sponsored by https://Betterhelp.com/hopetorecharge.
Betterhelp.com is the world’s leading provider of online therapy. Their mission is to make professional counseling accessible, affordable, and convenient, so anyone who struggles with life’s challenges can get help, anytime, anywhere. As a BetterHelp affiliate, we may receive compensation from BetterHelp if you purchase products or services through the links provided.
In this episode, we focus on the power of positive mindset and how it can influence our lives as career women, mothers, and as human beings. Together with my guest, we dig into topics such as how to juggle life, know who you are, tune in to your needs, grant yourself the gift of authenticity, and choose what is right. The energy and positivity of this episode are exciting! If you are female, this episode is especially for you!
Our guest, Olya Hill, is the founder of Living Notes. Olya is a former dancer, now a creative director, and the mother of seven children. She is a beautiful soul that believes in energy and positive mindset. She believes in womens’ empowerment, choosing ourselves as humans, being authentic and evolving with life.
Olya takes us through her journey as a young dancer. Having an Eastern European background and moving to the United States at just 18 years old, she retells how her grandmother had a profound influence on her choices, especially to have a large family. She tells us about the struggles of being a mother and a dancer at the same time. The expectation from her own society and the world of dance, is to show up, no matter what the excuse may be, or someone else will take your job. There is no empathy towards being a mother, especially for women artists. The most frequent attack that she had to face in her line of work was, “You were the one who chose to have the kids, so either go and be a mom or be a professional”, which is an incredibly cruel expectation.
Dance, meditation, and mindfulness saved Olya during complicated pregnancies and after suffering postpartum depression. She firmly believes that being a grounded person and having a healthy balance in life are ingredients to becoming a good parent. Life as a mother and a professional can often be challenging, but we hope that our discussion helps you to discover what is right for you..
As Olya shared with us today, being our true selves and giving ourselves the freedom to come back to what is truly important to us are essential to success. If you need help in this process of finding what matters and defines you as a person, please connect with us in our private Facebook group, Hope to Recharge, and if you need more personal support, make sure you book your free call with Matana.
Connect with Olya: https://www.instagram.com/livingnotes/
- The struggles of navigating through motherhood as a dancer
- How a positive mindset impacts the lives of your children
- Our job as parents is to give children the tools to understand themselves
- “I have to create for me to be a good mother.” @OlyaHill @MatanaJacobs #HopetoRecharge
- “Being you, the true you that you know you are, that is the most important thing” @OlyaHill @MatanaJacobs #HopetoRecharge
- “Just giving yourself freedom, and then coming back to whatever is important to you from the place of freedom, not from the place of obligation is a completely different game.” @OlyaHill @MatanaJacobs #HopetoRecharge
If you need more support in your mental health journey please reach out to us in our private Facebook group. We also offer free 30-minute fitting calls for our coaching program. You do not have to walk through your mental health struggle alone. Because as always, together is better!
There is no substitute for a listening ear. Get Your Free 30 Minute Consultation Today.
Interested in joining our monthly Mastermind?
Find out more info here! www.hopetorecharge.com/Mastermind
USA Crisis (Text): 741-741
United Kingdom: 116-123
International Suicide Hotlines:
Connect with us!
- Website: https://hopetorecharge.com/
- Private Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2079694042156503/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/matanajacobs/
3 WAYS THAT YOU CAN HELP THE PODCAST:
1) Subscribe via iTunes and leave a review. It costs nothing. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/hope-to-recharge/id1464788845
2) Spread the word via social media. It costs nothing.
3) Subscribe to us on:
- iTunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/hope-to-recharge/id1464788845
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/00AIhRZOxKNOvenz32gGeK
- Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/heather-parady-2/hope-to-recharge
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_DkYMcco7pSrkKk6wU5p7w
- Google: https://play.google.com/music/listen?u=0#/ps/Izxlwulashxr3n6trjrxpjpgwce