Today’s episode of Hope to Recharge is sponsored by https://Betterhelp.com/hopetorecharge.
Betterhelp.com is the world’s leading provider of online therapy. Their mission is to make professional counseling accessible, affordable, and convenient, so anyone who struggles with life’s challenges can get help, anytime, anywhere. As a BetterHelp affiliate, we may receive compensation from BetterHelp if you purchase products or services through the links provided.
After losing her husband, Maria Quiban decided to offer her story through her powerful book, You Can’t Do It Alone, where she shares insights on how to navigate grief as a caregiver and find the support that will carry you through your darkest of times.
Her book gave me so much clarity in my journey of learning about grief, and I am excited to introduce you to Maria, who is a successful meteorologist, mother, and has a powerful story that you will not soon forget.
Today we talk about why Maria and her husband were honest from the very beginning with their young three-year-old son about the fatal cancer diagnosis that his father had. She shares with us how we as parents can navigate difficult conversations with children in a language that they will understand. She also retells a powerful story about advice that Joe Biden gave her about his experience with grief.
We dig into the grief of receiving a diagnosis, how we can hold on to hope through pain, and what it looks like to balance ‘hoping for the best’ and letting go. Maria also gives fantastic insight on how to be a support to a loved one who is passing all why finding support as a caregiver so you are not left depleted.
Maria shares that this journey is one that she can look back on with gratitude and we hope that as you navigate your own grief journey her words bring you hope. If you are looking for a community to lock arms with please find us in our private Facebook group, Hope to Recharge. As always, together is better.
Grab Maria’s Book You Can’t Do It Alone:
- How to talk to your kids about death
- Navigating the difficulty of being a caregiving for someone who is passing
- How to pause during pain and choose joy
There is no substitute for a listening ear. Get Your Free 30 Minute Consultation Today.
Interested in joining our monthly Mastermind?
Find out more info here! www.hopetorecharge.com/Mastermind
USA Crisis Text: 741-741
United Kingdom: 116-123
International Suicide Hotlines: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_suicide_crisis_lines
Connect with us!
- Website: https://hopetorecharge.com/
- Private Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2079694042156503/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/matanajacobs/
WAYS TO HELP THE PODCAST
Subscribe via iTunes and leave a review. It costs nothing. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/hope-to-recharge/id1464788845
Spread the word via social media. It costs nothing.
Subscribe to us on:
- iTunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/hope-to-recharge/id1464788845
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/00AIhRZOxKNOvenz32gGeK
- Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/heather-parady-2/hope-to-recharge
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_DkYMcco7pSrkKk6wU5p7w
- Google: https://play.google.com/music/listen?u=0#/ps/Izxlwulashxr3n6trjrxpjpgwce