Today’s episode of Hope to Recharge is sponsored by https://Betterhelp.com/hopetorecharge.
Betterhelp.com is the world’s leading provider of online therapy. Their mission is to make professional counseling accessible, affordable, and convenient, so anyone who struggles with life’s challenges can get help, anytime, anywhere.
One day, Malkie Gordon Hirsch received a phone call that would forever change her life. She was told that her husband had collapsed at work and had passed away. She was then left to not only navigate through her own grief but also try to help her five children process through the loss of their father.
This is part one of our two-part conversation where Malkie generously walks us through the first year of life after losing a spouse. She openly shares with us the importance of feeling pain, not numbing yourself to it’s grip, and the process of healing.
We discuss the difference between empathizing with someone and having “pity” over them and how important it is to show up in the RIGHT way for someone who is hurting. We also talk about how to be sensitive to your children’s needs and gently teaching them how to handle pain in their own way.
There is a lot of emotion in this episode and it may not be appropriate for those who are not ready to process everything that was said. Make sure you are in a place to really absorb not only this story but the wisdom that Malkie shares with us today. I know her story will impact your life.
If you need additional support in your mental health journey please connect with us in our private Facebook group, Hope to Recharge. We would love to hear what you thought about this episode and stand in your corner as you walk through your own struggles. Because as always, together is better!
Connect with Malkie: https://www.facebook.com/groups/211781408861564/
- What do you say to someone who is grieving?
- The importance of not numbing yourself and feeling pain.
- The difference between pity and empathy
If you need more support in your mental health journey please reach out to us in our private Facebook group. We also offer free 30-minute fitting calls for our coaching program. You do not have to walk through your mental health struggle alone. Because as always, together is better!
There is no substitute for a listening ear. Get Your Free 30 Minute Consultation Today.
Interested in joining our monthly Mastermind?
Find out more info here! www.hopetorecharge.com/Mastermind
USA Crisis Text: 741-741
United Kingdom: 116-123
International Suicide Hotlines: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_suicide_crisis_lines
Connect with us!
- Website: https://hopetorecharge.com/
- Private Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2079694042156503/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/matanajacobs/
WAYS TO HELP THE PODCAST
Subscribe via iTunes and leave a review. It costs nothing. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/hope-to-recharge/id1464788845
Spread the word via social media. It costs nothing.
Subscribe to us on:
- iTunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/hope-to-recharge/id1464788845
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/00AIhRZOxKNOvenz32gGeK
- Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/heather-parady-2/hope-to-recharge
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_DkYMcco7pSrkKk6wU5p7w
- Google: https://play.google.com/music/listen?u=0#/ps/Izxlwulashxr3n6trjrxpjpgwce