Can your brain CHANGE? Do we have the power to rewire unhealthy patterns, reverse years of bad habits, and create a new future for ourselves? Our guest this week says that we can and that our brains are MUCH more powerful than we could even imagine.
This week, I had the honor of interviewing Selena Bartlett, a neuroscientist, about her personal experience with mental illness and why she believes our brains are much more powerful than we are told. She shares with us a very moving story about a sister she lost to mental illness and how that experience has shifted her perception of the mental health field and her own career.
We also dig into the small changes that we need to make to begin the process of rewiring our brains and why “one-size” does not “fit all” when it comes to our mental health journey. The solutions Selena offers are simple, but of course not always easy. That is why we want to offer you a community of like-minded individuals who will walk you through the process of not only coping with mental health struggles but also THRIVING despite them.
- How long it takes to change connections in our brain.
- What neuroplasticity is (and isn’t)
- The effects of adverse childhood experiences.
- Why love and attention is the antidote to most mental health struggles
Connect with Selena Bartlett:
- Website: http://selenab.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/miggimatters
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/smashingmindset/
Connect with us on social!