I first heard today’s guest on one of my favorite podcasts, The One Thing. They were interviewing a man named John Israel (AKA “Mr. Thank You”) and I loved the conversation so much I listened THREE times. John later became my own business and life coach and today he joins us to talk about the power of gratitude.
John shares with us about how he used to be a “gratitude salesman” however he was struggling internally to practice and find gratitude in his own life. At that point, he made a personal challenge to himself to write FIVE sincere notes of gratitude to others for one solid year. What he learned and how he grew in that process completely changed his life.
Today we dig into why he chose to focus on gratitude specifically (and not happiness or joy), the importance of processing through and neutralizing your thoughts, how to be grateful in difficult times, how community “shows up” for you when you begin to practice gratitude, and how this practice changed not only himself but his family,
Are you up for the challenge? John challenges us today to find a person who has been a “light in the tunnel’ and has given us hope…and write them a thank-you letter. We would love to hear how you will apply what John shares in your own life! Find us in our private Facebook community, Hope to Recharge, because as always, together is better!
Connect with John:
- Website: https://mrthankyou.com/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Book: https://www.amazon.com/Mr-Thank-You-Project-Planet-One/dp/0997128321
Today’s episode of Hope to Recharge is sponsored by https://Betterhelp.com/hopetorecharge.
Betterhelp.com is the world’s leading provider of online therapy. Their mission is to make professional counseling accessible, affordable, and convenient, so anyone who struggles with life’s challenges can get help, anytime, anywhere.
- The One Thing Podcast Interview with John: https://podcasts.apple.com/nz/podcast/ep-187-the-gratitude-habit-john-israel/id1191482456?i=1000436789784
- The One Thing (Book): https://www.amazon.com/ONE-Thing-Surprisingly-Extraordinary-Results/dp/1885167776
- The Power of a Habit (Book): https://www.amazon.com/Power-Habit-What-Life-Business/dp/B007EJSMC8
- How we can find the “gift” in difficult circumstances.
- What to do when you are practicing gratitude and its not working.
- What is a keystone habit? What does that have to do with gratitude?
USA Crisis Text: 741-741
United Kingdom: 116-123
International Suicide Hotlines: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_suicide_crisis_lines
Connect with us!
- Website: https://hopetorecharge.com/
- Private Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2079694042156503/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/matanajacobs/
WAYS TO HELP THE PODCAST
Subscribe via iTunes and leave a review. It costs nothing. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/hope-to-recharge/id1464788845
Spread the word via social media. It costs nothing.